Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tray 2 of 27 / Day 1 of 14

TRAY 2 DAY 1
The first time I put on the first set of trays, they felt really tight, my jaws hurt and my gums felt tender. Over the course of the last 2 weeks, they felt more and more comfortable. I thought it was me just getting used to the trays in my mouth. On the contrary, it wasn't me; it was the trays that were tight in the beginning. As time progressed, they felt looser and more comfortable. When I put on the second set of trays today, they felt exactly as it did when I put on tray 1 for the first time. You realize how comfortable your last trays have gotten after the first time you try on your next set of trays. I tried to take them off to eat and I couldn't get them off. When I finally did, I ended up hitting my bottom lip against my lower teeth and cut the inside of my lip. I know these trays will become more comfortable over the next few days. The fact that they are really tight right now just means that they are working. Physically I havent noticed much of a difference in my teeth after the first set of trays. However from the clincheck video, I know my back teeth are doing most of the movement (slight / minor movements) in the beginning and my front teeth will be doing most of the (drastic) movements at the end. The only way I know it's working is because set 1 is more comfortable now than it was when I first tried it on. lol Im starting to wonder if anyone reads this thing.  

TRAY 2 DAY 3 [UPDATE]
Good news is I was wrong. Remember how I said I haven't noticed much of a difference in my teeth since I started invislaign? Today I took my trays off to have my morning coffee and I noticed that the front gap (my open bite) is smaller.  I guess you don't notice the difference until you see the before and after pictures side by side. Recall you are supose to wear each tray for 14 days (2 weeks). So when I say for example, "tray 2 day 3" that means it is my 3rd day (out of 14 days total) wearing tray 2 (out of 27 trays total) . I have had this problem for a long time. I never smiled. Now i smile in pictures and in person. I dont close my bite because then you can see the space but I smile without biting. Thats an improvement from not smiling at all. People always thought I wasnt a happy person or I'm just really serious [which I kind of am - but is it that my smile shaped my personality? That's another question] but in reality, it was the fact that I didn't want anyone to see my open bite. Can't wait till the end of treatment. Im going to be smiling all the time. 

3 comments:

  1. Crazy how your experiences are soo similiar to mine! The gum chewing prior to invisalign, the drinking with them on and the occasional smoke for me. Haha I will be following your blog. I'm on my 4th tray and no problems so far! Your teeth are very straight btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely starting to close. Good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ ananymous - Straight with a gap! I'd rather have other teeth alignment problems rather than having an open bite but we all have our insecurities & I guess grass is always greener. Either way we are both on our way to a straight smile and I send you my best wishes! I hope I get to see the results after you're done :)

    @ Paul - Thanks and good luck to you! I'll be following your blog too. I hope you're a comedian, otherwise you may have missed your calling! Very entertaining! And I look foreward to seeing your results come in as well! :)

    ReplyDelete